Mouse Scroll Wheel Encoders!
To get the most out of your Gaming mouse and / or repair a defective mechanical scroll wheel encoder, replacing the encoder with one that suits your gameplay style and feel is a good idea.
Just like you can choose a Mouse Switch to fit your needs there are also a variety of encoders available to customize your mouse. From light and smooth to heavy and tactile there is an encoder for you.
Be sure to check out our page on how to properly measure your scroll wheel encoder.
The most popular mechanical scroll wheel encoders are made by Kailh, TTC, and Alps. Generally speaking Lighter encoders will also be much quieter in operation.
Let's take a closer look at the offerings from these companies.
Kailh: The most popular mechanical scroll wheel encoder from Kailh is the Kailh Red encoder, this encoder was built for gaming. Light and smooth is the operation of the Kailh Red encoder. This encoder is also very quiet.
TTC: From TTC comes several popular scroll wheel encoders.
Built for gaming are the TTC Gold and the TTC Silver. The TTC Gold is a smooth medium feeling encoder, the TTC Silver provides a much more tactile and defined feeling.
Also popular from TTC are the TTC Red and TTC Teal (Green). The TTC Red is a precise and medium feeling switch, the TTC Teal is a bit lighter and smoother then the TTC Red.
Alps: The Alps encoders are Japanese made and very robust in build quality as compared to other mechanical scroll wheel encoders. Alps encoders are very tactile and heavy feeling.
Some Popular mouse encoder sizes:
- Logitech G Pro Wireless: 8mm
- Logitech G Pro Wireless X Superlight: 8mm
- Logitech G102, G203, G304, GG305: 10mm
- Logitech G403, G603, G703: 9mm
- Finalmouse Ultralight 2, Starlight 12, Cape Town: 9mm
- Finalmouse Air58, Ultralight Pro, Scream One: 11mm
- CoolerMaster MM710: 11mm
- Ducky Feather: 9mm
- Endgame Gear XM1, XM1r: 9mm
- Glorious Model O-: 9mm
- G-Wolves Skoll-L: 13mm
- HyperX Pulsefire Haste: 10mm
- Razer Deathadder Elite, DA v2: 14mm
- Razer Viper Mini: 8mm
- Razer Viper Ultimate 11mm
- Roccat KPU (Kone Pure Ultra): 9mm
- Roccat KPOE (Kone Pure Owl-Eye): 9mm
- Roccat Burst Pro, Burst Core: 11mm
- SteelSeries Rival 310, Sensei 310: 9mm
- Xtrfy M4: 11mm
- Xtrfy M42: 10mm
- Xtrfy MZ1: 7mm